You will work closely with our Maintenance and Mountain Operations teams to use your knowledge and experience as a Millwright. If you enjoy getting your hands dirty, working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and love the mountain lifestyle, this job is for you!
• Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical or hydraulic problems with associated equipment.
• Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment or processes.
• Be actively involved in preventative and required maintenance of all lifts and lift maintenance equipment.
• Maintain records of work and report on all lift maintenance related activities
• Adhere to provincial and national standards and legislation including, the Z98 Code and manufacturer’s specifications.
• Be an advocate for health and safety, ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
• Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Are a certified Journeymen Millwright with an interprovincial ticket.
• Possess 2-4 years previous experience as a Millwright
• Are physically capable of performing manual labor, working at heights, standing for prolonged periods, walking over rough terrain and working in all outdoor conditions.
• Hold a valid class 5 driver’s license and are comfortable operating ATV’s and snowmobiles.
• Are an intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder.
• Own all the required tools to perform the job.
• Are reliable and have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Have worked within the Resort industry – an asset.
• Are familiar with Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and the terrain – an asset.
• Possess a valid first aid and/or CPR certification – an asset.
• A staff season’s pass for the resort and local mountains.
• A competitive wage with extended health benefits.
• Discounts on food, retail and hotels.
• Staff events – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
To apply for this job please visit skircr.startdate.ca.