Bike Trail Crew $18.00/ Hour
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is proud to offer seasonal staff:
• Competitive wages
• Deeply discounted food and beverages
• $1/ hour retention bonus for all staff who complete their contract
• Direct family summer passes
• Free direct shuttle rides to and from work
• Friends and family passes
• So much more!
You will work under the direction of the Mountain Safety Manager and Team Leads, overseeing the maintenance, control, condition and signage of the bike park trails and features at KHMR, as well as ensuring the safety of staff and guests enjoying the resort. If you love the outdoors, have a passion for mountain biking and enjoy creating an awesome experience, then this role is for you!
• Assist with hands-on with environmental control, including brush cutting, debris removal, and trail conditioning.
• Ensure trails are maintained to highest level in regard to moving known hazards and grooming of rocks, trees and debris.
• Conduct and document all operational checks during the day.
• Ensure coverage for all meal breaks.
• Provide assistance to Mountain Bike Patrol and/or act as first responder in emergency situations, including first aid response, lift evacuation and rope rescue when required.
• Ensure adequate signs, ropes, gates and pylons are maintained for guest and staff safety.
• Operate slope maintenance or other equipment in a safe and responsible manner as needed.
• Ensure all safety and/or maintenance protocols are adhered to and communicate any concerns to Mountain Safety Manager or Team Lead.
• Comply with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
• Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Hold a minimum 40 hour first aid ticket.
• Have the skills, strength and stamina to negotiate varied and difficult terrain on a mountain bike.
• Have experience and familiarity with chainsaw and brush cutting.
• Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license with abstract provided.
• Have previous trail building experience – an asset
• Are familiar with Kicking Horse Mountain Resort and the terrain – an asset.
• Are able to work flexible shifts, including weekends & holidays, in varying degrees of weather conditions.
More perks to the job:
• A summer season pass for downhill biking, hiking and more.
• Discounts on lift tickets, food, retail, and hotels.
• An amazing work environment – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered for seasonal roles.
To apply for this job please visit skircr.startdate.ca.