Eagle’s Eye Sous Chef (Starting at $22.45/ Hour)
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is proud to offer seasonal staff:
• Competitive wages
• Deeply discounted food and beverages
• $1/ hour retention bonus for all staff who complete their contract
• Direct family summer passes
• Free direct shuttle rides to and from work
• Friends and family passes
• So much more!
The Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting the Chef with menu planning, ordering, food preparation and general administration duties, as well as providing leadership at the peer level. They ensure that food preparation, quality, consistency, cleanliness, and sanitation of work areas and equipment meet and exceed established standards, act as team lead in the absence of the Chef, and assist the team in ensuring kitchen procedures are carried out completely for each shift.
This role works closely with the Chef to ensure food preparation and planning of special events exceeds guest expectations to provide the finest mountain dining experience. This role is also responsible for assisting with maintaining equipment, purchasing, and administrative tasks.
All seasonal roles work flexible shifts, which are subject to varying hours. Most roles will work between 24 and 40 hours per week, but hours may be lower in some weeks as they are dependent on factors such as weather and visitation levels.
• Act as key role in absence of Chef in calling the line and communicating with front of house staff
• Assess any needs for preparation work or supplies prior to service and communicate any issues to manager prior to service
• Ensure food is received, stored, handled and prepared in a hygienic and Food Safe compliant manner
• Update inventory lists for communication to manager
• Ensure closing procedures are fully completed for all stations
• Maintain delivery list for items to be delivered
• Prepare, cook, and plate food to established standards for quality and presentation
• Ensure that food is received, stored, handled and prepared in a hygienic and safe manner
• Participate in all team orientation, team meetings, regular cleaning, and season-end clean and close procedures
• Assist Chef with supervision and training of kitchen staff in outlet
• Assist with inventory and menu development as needed
• Maintain effective communication through restaurant and with teammates
• Ensure all cooks maintain a clean and safe work space at all times
• Plan and develop catering events, wine dinners, and other special functions
• 3 years previous experience in a food preparation role in a professional dining establishment
• Previous experience leading a line and ensuring food and presentation standards are maintained
• Love of, and passion for, food and cooking
• Culinary training, education or diploma an asset
• Food Safe or other food handling certification an asset
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours
• Must be physically able to move around and stand for extended periods; some light lifting required
To apply for this job please visit skircr.startdate.ca.