Website Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
Guest Services Agent $19.00/Hour
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is proud to offer seasonal staff:
• Competitive wages
• Deeply discounted food and beverages
• $1/ hour retention bonus for all staff who complete their contract
• Direct family summer passes
• Free direct shuttle rides to and from work
• Friends and family passes
• So much more!
Help our guests live the ‘wildlife’ as an interpretive guide for Boo the grizzly bear! In this role, you will help educate guests on grizzly bears and their habitat, as well as their interaction with nature and the effects that humans have on their lives. In this unique role, you get to work alongside the best co-worker around – Boo the bear.
• Conduct public, private and school group interpretive tours about grizzly bear biology, behaviour, the history of the GBR, trophy hunting and local “Wild Safe” initiatives.
• Assist the GBR Manager and Wildlife Ranger in providing care for the captive grizzly bear through the provision of food, water, hygiene, behavioural enrichments, and habitat improvement.
• Maintain database of procedures, bear behaviour, habitat statistics, and other factors so it is accessible for GBR staff, KHMR management, and provincial officials.
• Ensure that all applicable wildlife protocols, procedures and regulations are followed.
• Assist with fence maintenance and daily perimeter checks of the habitat.
• Work flexible shifts with varying hours, primarily working part time between 24 to 40 hours per week, weather permitting.
• Have previous experience with public education program delivery or wildlife care.
• Have a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the public and communicate in an engaging and knowledgeable manner.
• Have a passion for conservation, wildlife management, and the ideals of the Refuge.
• Have a Class 5 Driver’s License.
• Have previous experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Have a post secondary degree, certificate or diploma in a related discipline – an asset.
• Specific knowledge of bear biology – an asset.
• Can maintain a safe environment for yourself and guests at all times.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Are physically capable of performing manual labour, standing for prolonged periods, walking over rough terrain, interacting with wildlife, and working in all outdoor conditions.
More perks to the job:
• A staff season’s pass for downhill biking, hiking and more.
• Discounts on rentals, bike gear, food, retail, and hotels.
• An amazing work environment – meet great people who share a passion for the mountain lifestyle!
Interested? Please apply with your cover letter and resume.
We regret that only those applicants eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship will be considered for seasonal roles.
To apply for this job please visit skircr.startdate.ca.