Position: Janitor/Snowshoveller/Parking Attendant
Location: Fernie Alpine Resort
Reporting to: Janitorial Supervisor
Availability: winter seasonal
Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Inc. is looking to fill the combination position of Janitor/Snowshoveller/Parking Attendant, at Fernie Alpine Resort. Reporting to the Janitorial Supervisor, this winter seasonal position, requires the ideal candidate to enjoy working in an variable indoor and outdoor mountain environment, be physically capable of heavy work, have an eye for detail and to display excellence in customer service at all times.
• To ensure a comfortable and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
• To assist and upsell guests at every opportunity
• Maintain cleanliness of public washrooms, base area, restaurants, dispatch, daycare, offices, administration, maintenance shop
• Ensure proper use of WHIMIS practices
• Maintain snow removal of the entire base area including stairways, door entrances, roofs, patios, decks and plaza
• Remove snow using hand shovels and bobcats
• Eliminate icy areas with the use of ice melt and chipping bars
• Control incoming and outgoing traffic at key intersections and in parking lots
• Control the toboggan route/delivery crossing & traffic control into plaza area
• Assist Events Team and other departments as required
• Punctuality, in uniform and in compliance to Employee Handbook is a must
• Maintain and enforce policies and procedures of RCR and Safety Management Program
• Ability to work independantly and cooperatively in a team environment
• Physically capable of manual labour and lifting heavy loads
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a full time winter seasonal position. 4 days and 4 afternoons rolling shift schedule.
RCR offers industry competitive compensation and benefits in a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest in Resorts of the Canadian Rockies; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.