Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop, and excel in your role at WinSport.
What the role is all about:
As a summer Freestyle Ski/Snowboard Coach, you will be a leader in providing young athletes with a positive, challenging, and safe training environment. You will be expected to report to the Senior Manager of Sport Development and work alongside the seasonal leadership team during your daily duties. In your role, you will guide athletes through a training regime using our Freestyle training facilities (Super trampoline, airbag, and dry slope rail park).
Your athletes will refine their technical understanding of the sport while building physical and mental resiliency. You will facilitate an environment where your athletes will develop athleticism, confidence, respect, and self-discipline to prepare them for the next winter season. You are responsible for ensuring that your athletes are practicing safe behavior, staying focused on training, and representing Winsport professionally at all times.
- Develop a group of athletes in a positive, safe, and freestyle-centered learning environment.
- Provide professional, world-class, technical knowledge in Freestyle Skiing/Snowboarding.
- Ensure your athletes are kept safe by managing your group effectively and providing a professional standard of duty of care.
- Understand the LTAD and Sport for Life sport development models and how it applies to the group you are coaching.
- Evaluate your athletes and administer a training plan appropriate to their stage of development.
- Work alongside your peers to align programming and development of athletes
- Understanding safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensuring all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals.
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all WinSport safety policy and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, direct reports, and WinSport guests
- Other duties as assigned
- AIR 3 certification through Freestyle Canada and NCCP FUNdamentalz certification required for Skiing
- NCCP Comp Dev certification and AIR 2 certification through Canada Snowboard required for Snowboarding
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Must have a background in Freestyle skiing/snowboarding
- Experience coaching youth and developing Freestyle Skiing/Snowboarding skills
- Must bring an enthusiastic, positive, and professional attitude to work.
- Must be punctual, organized, and effective with time management.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills as a Freestyle Ski/Snowboard coach.
- Up to date and current First Aid and CPR is required.
- Availability to work shifts on evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work outside for long periods of time
- Maintain a high level of energy throughout the day
- The job is frequently expected to lift, carry, push, or pull objects weighing more than 20 lbs. (without the assistance of mobile, powered equipment).
- Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is frequently required (i.e., between 25% and 75% of the time on the job).
- Physical work pace and/or exertion requires somewhat rapid movement and/or effort to ‘keep up’ and brings on a moderate amount of physical fatigue.
What We Can Offer You:
If an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team weren’t enough for you, as a member of the WinSport team you also receive the added benefits of enjoying free park passes, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail, and program discounts, along with access to our Performance Training Center.
To apply for this job please visit www.winsport.ca.