Small Areas Assistance Policy
CWSAA and its members have utilized various fund-raising efforts to create a pool of funds to provide financial support to Small Ski Areas. These funds can be accessed by CWSAA Members, as follows:
- An application for funds can be made by a Small Ski Area.
- A Small Ski Area is defined as an alpine or nordic ski area with annual skier visits of less than 20,000; or a helicopter or cat skiing operation with annual skier visits of less than 1,000.
- The Small Ski Area must be a CWSAA Member in good standing.
Use of Funds
- The requested funds can be used for Safety & Risk Management, Education or to facilitate participation in a CWSAA Function (i.e. Conference, Division Meeting or other CWSAA Event).
- The funds cannot be used for asset purchases (e.g. equipment).
- Applicants are required to submit a request in writing to CWSAA, prior to the event. For each CWSAA Spring Conference and Fall Division Meetings a call for applications, with a specific process that must be followed, will be communicated to members.
- Applications must be approved by the CWSAA President.
- Funding is subject to available funds.
- Eligible ski areas may apply for funding up to a maximum of $2,000 during any 24 consecutive month period, with no greater than $1500 granted within 12 consecutive months.
This updated policy was approved by the CWSAA Board, January 2019.