Ski Industry Links
BC Mountain Resorts Branch
List of contact information for the BC Mountain Resorts Branch.
Canadian Ski Council
The Canadian Ski Council is a not-for-profit organization with the goal of increasing participation in recreational snowboarding, alpine, and cross-country skiing in Canada.
- Grade 4/5 SnowPass – a pass for grade 4/5 students to ski and snowboard at participating ski area.
- Never Ever Days – A beginner program that includes a lift ticket, lesson and rentals for a first-timers for just $25. Available at participating resorts on specific dates.
go2HR is BC’s tourism human resource association responsible for coordinating the Tourism Labour Market Strategy. They provide industry resources for recruitment, retention and training, including a free job board, foreign worker information, workplace safety tools, FOODSAFE by distance education and SuperHost. Please check out the following links to resources and information relevant to ski area operators.
Recruitment & Retention
- Job Board – Niche industry job board that attracts more than 25,000 monthly visits.
- Ski Industry Employee Retention & Engagement Guide
- Information on Recruiting Foreign Workers
Health & Safety
OHS & Safety Tools & Resources
Ski Area Employee Safety Resources – a comprehensive directory of resources developed in partnership with go2HR.
Impairment & Cannabis resources:
- Safety Talk – Substance Abuse & Workplace Impairment. WorkSafe BC
- Guide to Managing Workplace Impairment and Developing an Impairment Policy. WorkSafe BC
- Atlantic Canada Council on Addiction Guide & Toolkit
- CCOHS: Substance Use in the Workplace
- Conference Board of Canada poster Blazing the Trail
- Schools Resources webpage – videos, activities and resources for schools and teachers.
- Respect Ski Safety Video, sponsored by CWSAA. Watch the video
- Selkirk College Ski Resort Operations and Management Program
- SROAM Facebook Page
- Lift 150 Train the Trainer
- Ski Resort Risk Management On-line Course
- Passenger Ropeway Courses: Lift 151, 152 & 153
Ski Area Associations
- NSAA (US)
- ASSQ (Quebec)
- OSRA (Ontario)
- ASAA (Atlantic)
- CSP (Canadian Ski Patrol)
- CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance)
- CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors)
Ski Helmet Safety
Information on safety on the slopes, why you should wear a helmet, how to choose a helmet, safety tips for parents, and more.
WindyTY Weather Forecast
A detailed and interactive weather forecast website. Includes a wind map.
CWSAA Vehicle Partner
Use promo code “CWSAA” for 10%-off rental vehicles.